Pangea's educational project was born in Madrid, where it has established itself as an active school, and now also opens its headquarters in A Coruña.
Some of its foundation bases are the following:
• Integrated Education: Our project favors an integral development in all emotional, physical, intellectual, social and artistic aspects. We consider all of them to be of equal importance, as we see education as a learning process that includes all of these facets.
• Montessori Pedagogy: This pedagogy, developed by Dra. Maria Montessori, facilitates a learning structure adapted to the developmental stages of the children, promoting their autonomy and responsibility.
• Education on demand: following the interests of the child, accompanying, listening and observing him/her to meet his/her developmental needs.
• Educational coherence family-school: The people responsible for children education are their parents. There must be coherence between the pedagogical approaches of our project and the families.
• The accompaniment is personalized, and for that reason, the student-teacher ratio is low, as we are a small, familiar center that guarantees personalized attention to every child and their family.
• We offer a structure, limits and a clear order, that allows the child to feel safe and favor a relaxed environment.
• The importance of the Assembly: children create and participate in this living school.
• Contact with nature. We are located in a natural and peaceful environment.
- Age mixed-groups.
• English-Spanish-Galician: Our project is based on the belief that, in a globalized world, the English language is of great importance for the development of children, since it is a very important language to access knowledge and the world. In addition, we like the idea of making our school international (with cultural exchanges, an educational community formed by families of all cultures, a multilingual school, etc.)
- Organic food